Last week, the Governor of Illinois, J.D. Pritzker, ordered the state-wide closure of dine-in services for Illinois bars and restaurants to help combat the spread of the Coronavirus. While we agree with our Governor’s difficult but prudent decision given the importance of containment of this virus, we are also aware of the enormous financial strain this places on our neighborhood’s bars and restaurants – especially their staff.
Accordingly, Cameron & Kane LLC has made donations to several Logan Square bar and restaurant staff relief funds including, inter alia, the following:
- Cafe Mustache (host of our firm’s monthly jazz series) – https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-cafe-mustache-staff fbclid=IwAR1CTjYjt1Hkbb_jnkbR9WjceDbfcH1OiaMQfXOB66NSt0XFLz9TpHSOf8A
- The Whistler (host of several of our firm’s meet-ups and mixers) – https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-whistler-empoyee-fund
- Lula Cafe (host of several client meetings) – https://www.gofundme.com/f/lula-cafe-staff-relief-fund
- The Burlington Bar (a favorite establishment of Scott Kane) – https://www.gofundme.com/f/burlington-bar-workers-relief-fund
- Chicago Diner (a favorite establishment of Colin Cameron) – https://www.gofundme.com/f/chicago-diner-logan-square-employee-relief-fund
If you are a local / patron of these establishments and able to assist during this difficult time, we encourage you do to so.